Water Trail Public Notice
The Mon/Fayette PA Route 51 to I-376 Project is the final of four Mon/Fayette projects that would provide a four-lane, limited access expressway from I-68 in West Virginia to I-376 in the Pittsburgh area. This final project would extend from PA Route 51 to I-376. The PA Route 51 to I-376 Project obtained a Record of Decision from the FHWA in December 2004 identifying the Selected Alternative to be designed and constructed. That alternative moved into the Final Design process but was put on hold in 2009 due to a lack of sufficient funding for construction. With the passage of Act 89 in 2013, funding is once again available to move this project forward. The PTC has made some modifications to the 2004 Selected Alternative and is reevaluating the impacts of this project on the environment.
Virtual Presentation for Dravosburg/West Mifflin Design Modifications
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission invites you to view a special presentation concerning design modifications to the PA Route 51 to I-376 Mon/Fayette Expressway Project being considered in the area of West Mifflin and Dravosburg – specifically between Camp Hollow Road and Pittsburgh-McKeesport Boulevard.
The design modifications in this area are due to recent findings from geotechnical explorations (drilling), utility relocation issues, ongoing assessment of environmental impacts and future maintenance considerations.
April 2018 Public Plan Display Graphics and Maps
Thanks to all those who attended the April 3rd, 4th, and 5th, 2018 Public Plans Display meetings at the Georgetown Centre. The graphics and maps presented at the meeting are provided below.
- Schedule Display Board_PPD Meetings April 2018 pdf (102 KB)
- Project Overview Display Board_PPD Meetings April 2018 pdf (244 KB)
- MFE Noise Study 53C pdf (14298 KB)
- MFE Noise Study Index pdf (7826 KB)
- MFE Noise Study 53B pdf (16012 KB)
- MFE Noise Study 53A pdf (14530 KB)
- MFE Apr 2018 Meeting Handout pdf (1923 KB)
- MFE Legend Board for Maps pdf (86 KB)
- MFE 53C Aerial-Homeville Rd to Duquesne Blvd April 2018 pdf (10283 KB)
- MFE 53C Map-Homeville Rd to Duquesne Blvd April 2018 pdf (8084 KB)
- MFE 53B Aerial-Camp Hollow Rd to Homevill Rd April 2018 pdf (12251 KB)
- MFE 53B Map-Camp Hollow Rd to Homeville Rd April 2018 pdf (7850 KB)
- MFE 53A Aerial-Clairton Blvd (Rt 51) to Camp Hollow Road April 2018 pdf (11377 KB)
- MFE 53A Map-Clairton Blvd (Rt 51) to Camp Hollow Rd April 2018 pdf (6292 KB)
August 2016 Public Meeting Graphics and Maps
Thank you to the hundreds of people who attended our August 2016 public meetings. Your feedback and questions were greatly appreciated. Please feel free to download the displays or view the project maps shown at those meetings, which are listed below. More public meetings are being planned for 2018 once PA Turnpike engineers finish the timeline for this project.
The Mapping Boards below illustrate the Mon Fayette Expressway alignment. This table provides a key to the Mapping Board that provides details for each municipality. Please note that although the map files have been compressed as much as possible, some are large so make take time to download.
|Borough of Jefferson Hills||A|
|Borough of Dravosburg||B|
|Borough of West Mifflin||A, B, C|
|City of Duquesne||C|
|North Versailles Township||C, D|
|East Pittsburgh Borough||C, D|
|Borough of Turtle Creek||D|
|Municipality of Penn Hills||E|
|Municipality of Monroeville||D, E|
|Wilkins Township||D, E|