Back to Completed Construction
Included as part of the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) associated with the I-95/I-276 Interchange Project was the installation of 8 Dynamic Message Signs (DMS) and 2 Closed Circuit Television Systems (CCTV). These permanent devices, which are part of a comprehensive ITS program, included with the Interchange Project have been incorporated into the region's overall ITS. The signs and cameras have been installed at various strategic locations on the PA Turnpike and the NJ Turnpike as well as major roadways in the vicinity of the PA Turnpike, US Route 1 and US-13 Interchanges.
The devices provide information regarding traffic conditions on the Turnpike and surrounding roadways. Additional devices will be installed as the various interchange projects are completed over the next 5 years.
The project began with field installation work starting in late September 2012 and was completed in October 2013.
Dynamic Message Sign (DMS) Locations:
- DMS - 05: US Route 1 Southbound between Old Lincoln Highway and Bristol Road
- DMS - 06: US Route 1 Northbound between Old Lincoln Highway and Bristol Road
- DMS - 07: US-13 Southbound (Bristol Pike) between Beaver Dam Road and Airport Road
- DMS - 08: US-13 Northbound (Bristol Pike) between Beaver Dam Road and Airport Road
- DMS - 09: PA Turnpike Eastbound – Milepost 350.2
- DMS - 14: NJ Turnpike Westbound – Milepost P1.0 to P1.5
- DMS - 17: State Route 132 Eastbound (Street Road) between Richlieu Road and Reading Avenue
- DMS - 18: State Route 132 Westbound (Street Road) between Richlieu Road and Reading Avenue
Closed Circuit Television Systems (CCTV) Locations:
- CCTV - 09: Delaware Valley Interchange eastbound on-ramp
- CCTV - 17: PA Turnpike Milepost 350.5 (eastbound)
- Project has been completed with the activation of the new signs
Advanced ITS Deployment Map (Sept 2013)