Claim for Damages

Home Help Center Claim for Damages

PA Turnpike Commission Claim For Damages

If you have experienced an injury or damage to your vehicle or property, for which you believe the PA Turnpike Commission is responsible, and would like to submit a claim, please complete the form below.

If you have questions before contacting the Risk Management Department please review the Liability Claim Frequently Asked Questions section located at the bottom of this page. If you find you still have questions about filing a claim after reviewing the FAQs please use the contact information below to contact our support services.

Risk Management Department

PO Box 67676
Harrisburg, PA 17106

Phone:  717-831-7235 or 717-831-7230
Fax:     717-986-8785

E-ZPass Logo

Toll Dispute Form

If you traveled on the PA Turnpike and believe the toll charge you received was incorrect, you can dispute it by providing the information using the Toll Dispute Form options. To process your toll dispute, provide a copy of your E‑ZPass account statement indicating the transaction(s) you wish to dispute.

Toll Dispute Form


You have the right to file a claim for damages to your vehicle as the result of hitting a pothole. Please be aware that the Commission is required to investigate and decide claims in accordance with the Sovereign Immunity Laws, PA C.S.A. Title 42 § 8522. Exception to Sovereign Immunity (b)5. Potholes and other dangerous conditions, which specifically prohibits the payment of a property damage claims caused by potholes, sinkholes, and/or similar conditions created by natural elements.

The Commission is bound by the provisions of PA C.S.A. Title 42 § 8522 and is required to deny the claim.

Claim for Damages Form


Any person who knowingly and with intent to defraud any insurance company or other person files an application for insurance or statement of claim containing any materially false information or conceals for the purpose of misleading, information concerning any fact material thereto commits a fraudulent insurance act, which is a crime and subjects such person to criminal and civil penalties.

Please be as specific as possible in your responses, particularly regarding the date, approximate time and location of the incident.

Person Filing Claim

Please enter First Name.
Please enter Last Name.
Please enter Address Line 1.
Please enter Address Line 2.
Please enter City.
Please select a Country.
Please select a state.
Please select a province.
Please enter Zip Code.
Please enter phone number.
Please enter Email Address.

Owner of Vehicle or Property

Please enter Email Address.

Driver Information

Please enter Email Address.

Incident Information


Submit Form

Click Continue below to continue to DocuSign®. Please review the document, attach any supporting files, and submit your claim there.

Any person who knowingly files a statement of claim containing any false or misleading information is subject to criminial and civil penalties.


By clicking continue you agree to the terms of our privacy policy.

Liability Claim Frequently Asked Questions

What documentation should I send with my claim?

Do I need two (2) estimates to submit a claim?

I submitted my claim to PennDOT, why haven’t I heard anything?

What information will I need to complete the claim form?

My vehicle has road paint on it. Can I make a claim?

How can I file a claim for damages?

How do I contact someone to discuss my claim?

View more questions on the FAQs page.

More Customer Service Resources

Pay a Bill

Pay a Toll By Plate or E-ZPass bill.

Pay Now


Learn how an E-ZPass account can benefit you

Learn More

Toll By Plate

Learn about the switch to Toll By Plate billing.

Learn More

Frequently Asked Questions

Get answers to your top PA Turnpike-related questions.

Get Answers