|August 15, 2019|
Back-to-Back Weekend Closures and Detours in Dauphin and Lebanon Counties
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) are advising motorists traveling the PA Turnpike (I-76) this weekend and next that the roadway will be closed between Exit 247 (Harrisburg East) and Exit 266 (Lebanon-Lancaster). The closures will occur from 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 17 to 6 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 18. The subsequent closure at the same location is slated for 11:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 24 to 6 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 25.
The weekend detours are needed to safely remove and replace the bridge beams at milepost 251. This work is being done as part of PennDOT’s Route 283 project.
Throughout the evenings prior to the closures announcements will be made inside the PA Turnpike service plazas to alert both east and westbound customers that they will not be able to exit at those interchanges after 11:30 p.m. on the dates noted.
Detours are as follows:
Message boards will be activated to alert motorists of any delays. Motorists are advised to check one of these resources to learn about PA Turnpike road conditions and traffic alerts:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
|CONTACT:||Rosanne Placey (PTC), 717-831-7507
Mike Crochunis (PennDOT), 717-418-5017