|July 31, 2019|
Pennsylvania Turnpike Closing Overnight Between Pittsburgh and New Stanton Exits
The Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate 76) will be closed tonight in both directions between the Pittsburgh Interchange, Exit #57, and the New Stanton Interchange, Exit #75 in Westmoreland County. The closure will begin tonight at approximately 11 p.m. and area will re-open to traffic by 5 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 1. This closure is required for emergency sign structure removal at milepost 56.9.
Drivers should use the following suggested detours:
Alternate-route cards will be available to travelers exiting at the Pittsburgh and New Stanton Interchanges during the closure. Expect higher traffic volumes on detour roads during this time.
During this closure motorists will be able to enter the Turnpike at the Irwin Interchange, Exit #67, and travel east.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via a mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
· Customer Assistance Center (toll-free) — 800-331-3414 (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
· Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com.