Traffic Rules & Regulations
(i) Enabling a vehicle entering a roadway to increase its speed to a rate at which it can safely merge with through traffic.
(ii) Providing the necessary merging distance.
(iii) Giving the main roadway traffic the necessary time and distance to make appropriate adjustments.
Except as specifically modified in this part, 75 Pa. C. S. (relating to the Vehicle Code), applies to the operation of a vehicle on the Turnpike System.
601.4 Speed Limits
601.4 (a) (Reserved)
601.4 (b) (Reserved)
601.5 Hazardous Materials
601.8 Crossing Median Strip
601.10 Pedestrian Travel
601.12 Toll Tickets
601.13 Evasion of Fare
(1) Entering or exiting the Turnpike System except through an interchange, unless directed to do so by the State Police or a Commission employee.
(2) The presentation to a State Trooper or toll collector of a toll ticket which indicates that the patron has exceeded the travel time allotted based on the max-time formula, where the patron cannot produce satisfactory physical evidence, including the driver’s record of duty status, demonstrating that the age of the ticket was the result of actual excess time spent legitimately on the Turnpike System by the patron and was not the result of fare evasion or attempted fare evasion.
(3) Possession by the patron of more than one toll ticket.
(4) Possession by the patron of a toll ticket which was issued from an interchange located in the direction in which the patron is traveling.
(5) Possession or presentation by a patron of a toll ticket which has been intentionally altered or mutilated.
(6) The failure by the patron to pay the appropriate toll upon exiting the Turnpike System.
(7) Appropriation or attempted appropriation by a patron of more than one toll ticket at an interchange.
(8) The exchange of toll tickets by two or more patrons.