Traffic restrictions for PA Turnpike’s Tuscarora Tunnel in Franklin County
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists approaching the Tuscarora Tunnel to be prepared for a closure of the westbound tubes starting April 23, at 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. The tunnel is located between mileposts 186 and 187 on the Huntingdon/Franklin County line.
Westbound traffic will be directed into the eastbound tube which will be bi-directional during the closure.
Motorists should slow down to posted speed limits when entering the traffic shifts into the tunnel.
The closure is needed for a consultant (Advanced Infrastructure Design) to do a thermal scan of the walls and ceiling areas in the westbound tunnel.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories
- Waze Smartphone App: real-time alerts from other drivers
- Digital Message Signs: more than 100 boards along the Turnpike
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: live, interactive map
- 511: dial from any PA roadway for local travel information
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Customer Assistance Center: 1-800-331-3414, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Outside U.S., please call 717-831-7601)