Ramp Closures Scheduled for Sept. 24-26 Route 903 Interchange
Southbound Ramp Closures needed for electronic toll equipment maintenance.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists traveling on the Northeastern Extension (I-476) in Carbon County that the southbound exit ramp to the State Route 903 Interchange, Exit 87, will be closed from 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 24 to 6 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 25 to allow technicians to safely perform tolling equipment maintenance.
During the ramp closure, motorists will not be able exit the Northeastern Extension at State Route 903 in the southbound direction. Motorists should seek alternate routes by using the nearest available interchange on I-476 depending on your travel destination.
Then from 10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 25 to 6 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 26, the southbound entry ramp will be closed for tolling equipment maintenance. During this ramp closure, motorists will not be able to enter the Northeastern Extension at State Route 903 in the southbound direction. Motorists should seek alternate routes by using the nearest available interchange on I-476 depending on your travel destination.
Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions. To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories
- Waze Smartphone App: real-time alerts from other drivers
- Digital Message Signs: more than 100 boards along the Turnpike
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: live, interactive map
- 511: dial from any PA roadway for local travel information
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Customer Assistance Center: 1-800-331-3414, Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (Outside U.S., please call 717-831-7601)