Southbound Entry Ramp Closure Scheduled for Sept. 18 at Wilkes-Barre Interchange
Southbound ramp closure needed for planned maintenance work.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists traveling to the Northeastern Extension (I-476) that the southbound entry ramp at the Wilkes-Barre Interchange, Exit 105 in Luzerne County, will be closed from 11 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 18 to 7 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 19.
During this ramp closure, southbound motorists will not be able to enter the Northeastern Extension and should seek alternate routes by using the nearest available interchange.
Changeable message signs will also provide information on the ramp closures. Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 on your mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
- Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
- Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
- Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
- Customer Assistance Center (toll-free) — 800-331-3414 (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
ON THE WEB
- TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
- Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
- Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com