PA Turnpike to Close Overnight Jan. 17 between Bensalem and I-95 Interchanges
Five-hour closure needed for bridge beam installation in Bucks County.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that I-276 will be closed in both directions on Sunday, January 17 from 12:01 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. between the Bensalem Interchange, Exit 351, and the I-95 Interchange, Exit 40, in Bristol Township, Bucks County.
The closure is necessary for the protection of motorists and workers so crews can safely install bridge beams. The bridge, which carries New Falls Road over the Turnpike, is at milepost 355.6 in Bucks County.
The Street Road Exit Ramp, Exit 352, will also be closed during this time. Eastbound traffic will not be able to enter or exit I-276 from Street Road (State Route 132).
Pennsylvania State Police and Turnpike personnel will be positioned at the impacted areas to assist drivers. Digital message signs will also provide information on closures and detours. Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
Follow I-95 South (5.2 miles) to Exit 35 for State Route 63 West/Woodhaven Road (3.2miles) to US Route 1 North towards Morrisville (2.5 miles). Re-enter the PA Turnpike at the Bensalem Interchange, Exit 351.
Follow US Route 1 South (2.4 miles), then stay right onto North Roosevelt Blvd. to exit for State Route 63 East/Woodhaven Road (3.5 miles) to exit for I-95 North towards Trenton. Remain on I-95 North towards New York/New Jersey Turnpike to re-enter the PA Turnpike.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories
- Waze Smartphone App: real-time alerts from other drivers
- Digital Message Signs: more than 100 boards along the Turnpike
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: live, interactive map
- 511: dial from any PA roadway for local travel information
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Customer Assistance Center: 1-800-331-3414, Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (Outside U.S., please call 717-831-7601)
Kathleen WalterPhone: 267-326-3856