PA Turnpike Ramp to Close Overnight on May 23 at Gettysburg Pike Interchange
Five-hour, eastbound exit ramp closure needed for planned roadway work.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists traveling on Interstate 76 (I-76) eastbound that the Gettysburg Pike Interchange’s eastbound exit ramp, Exit 236 in Cumberland County, will be closed on Sunday, May 23 from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m.
Motorists traveling east on I-76 in that area during that time will be directed to use either the Carlisle Interchange, Exit 226, or the Harrisburg West Interchange, Exit 242, for purposes of exiting. Eastbound motorists should seek alternate routes by using the nearest available interchange on I-76 depending on travel destination.
The eastbound exit ramp closure is necessary for the protection of motorists and workers so that crews may safely repair a damaged guiderail on the exit ramp.
Changeable message signs will provide information on the ramp closure. Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories
- Waze Smartphone App: real-time alerts from other drivers
- Digital Message Signs: more than 100 boards along the Turnpike
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: live, interactive map
- 511: dial from any PA roadway for local travel information
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Customer Assistance Center: 877-736-6727, Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (Outside U.S., please call 717-831-7601)
Rosanne Placey, 717-675-4362