Traffic restrictions planned at PA Turnpike 43 in Washington County
Road work and I-70 ramp repairs needed in Fallowfield Township.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that traffic restrictions will be in place on Turnpike 43 and at the connection with I-70 in Washington County throughout the summer. Starting April 12, crews will be making roadway repairs in Fallowfield Township in addition to repairing the ramps connecting to I-70.
Most of the work will take place Monday through Friday with single-lane patterns in effect between mileposts 34 and 37 on Turnpike 43, as well as ramp closures.
Additional traffic advisories will be issued when a ramp connecting Turnpike 43 and I-70 is closed. Detour signs will be in place to direct traffic.
This work is expected to be completed in the early fall.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: Real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories.
- Waze Smartphone App: Real-time alerts from other drivers.
- Digital Message Signs: More than 100 boards along the Turnpike.
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: Live, interactive map.
- 511: Dial from any PA roadway for local travel information.
- 800-331-3414: PA Turnpike Customer Assistance (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
Renee Vid Colborn