Possible Delays on PA Turnpike Between Allegheny Valley and Pittsburgh Interchanges
Overnight traffic paces planned Nov. 12 and 13 for utility line work.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists traveling between Allegheny Valley, Exit #48, and Pittsburgh, Exit #57, interchanges that they may experience delays due to intermittent, 15-minute traffic paces scheduled Nov. 12 and Nov. 13 between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. in both directions - as needed.
During the paces, Turnpike maintenance crews and PA State Police will restrict Turnpike traffic to a speed of 20-25 miles an hour, allowing crews to run utility lines across the Turnpike at milepost 52.36. The paces will allow the work to be completed without jeopardizing motorist or worker safety.
Motorists in the area should be prepared for slow-moving traffic and possible stoppages. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
The utility line relocation is a part of the replacement of the Unity Trestle Road Bridge, which carries traffic over the Turnpike at milepost 52.36 in Plum Borough, Allegheny County. This bridge replacement is a part of the future total reconstruction project between mileposts 49 and 53. For more information go to https://www.patpconstruction.com/mp49to53/.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: Real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories and detour routes.
- Waze Smartphone App: Real-time alerts from other drivers.
- Digital Message Signs: More than 100 boards along the Turnpike.
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: Live, interactive map.
- 511: Dial from any PA roadway for local travel information.
- 800-331-3414: PA Turnpike Customer Assistance (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
Renee Vid Colborn