Northbound Access to Hickory Run Service Plaza Closing Overnight for Roadway Paving
Service plaza visitors should prepare for overnight ramp closures.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission will be performing a milling and paving operation on the northbound ramps at the Hickory Run Service Plaza from 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 4 to 6 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 5.
During this time, the northbound exit and entry ramps will be closed to all traffic at the Hickory Run Service Plaza on the Northeastern Extension (I-476), located at milepost 86.1 in Carbon County, so crews can safely conduct roadway paving work.
Visitors that do not exit the service plaza prior to 6 p.m. on Nov. 4 will have to remain in the service plaza until the work is completed and the ramps are reopened to traffic.
Northbound motorists should seek alternate options for fuel, food, and restrooms by using the nearest available interchange on I-476 northbound, depending on your travel destination.
Southbound customers travelling on I-476 will not be impacted during these ramp closures. The Hickory Run Service Plaza will still be accessible in the southbound direction.
Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions. To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
· Customer Assistance Center (toll-free) — 800-331-3414 (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
ON THE WEB
· Check the PA Turnpike and all PA roadways at: www.511PA.com
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
· Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com
Kathleen Walter, 267-326-3856