Southbound Express E-ZPass Closure Scheduled Oct. 20 at Mid-County Interchange
Closure needed for planned tolling equipment maintenance.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists traveling southbound on Interstate 476 to be prepared for slow-moving or stopped traffic approaching the Mid-County Interchange, Exit 20, in Montgomery County on Tuesday, Oct. 20 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Work is being performed on the overhead electronic tolling equipment, closing the southbound Express E-ZPass lanes.
On Tuesday, Oct. 20, crews will close the southbound Express E-ZPass lanes, however customers will still be able to use the conventional tolling lanes through the toll plaza on the right side. Motorists should be aware that the conventional tolling lanes have a posted speed limit of 5 mph.
Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
· Customer Assistance Center (toll-free) — 800-331-3414 (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
ON THE WEB
· Check the PA Turnpike and all PA roadways at: www.511PA.com
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
· Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com
Kathleen Walter, 267-326-3856