Pennsylvania Turnpike to Close Overnight July 25 between Lansdale and Quakertown Interchanges
Six-hour, overnight closure needed for bridge beam removal on the Northeastern Extension.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that the Northeastern Extension (I-476) will be closed in both directions on Sunday, July 25 from 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m. between the Lansdale Interchange, Exit 31, Montgomery County, and the Quakertown Interchange, Exit 44, Bucks County.
The closure is necessary so crews can safely remove bridge beams. The bridge, which carries Upper Ridge Road over the Turnpike, is at milepost A40.13 in Bucks County.
Pennsylvania State Police and Turnpike personnel will be positioned at the impacted areas to assist drivers. Digital message signs will also provide information on closures and detours. Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
Exit at the Lansdale Interchange, Exit 31. Turn left onto State Route 63 east (Sumneytown Pike). Take State Route 63 east to US Route 202 north to State Route 309 north to State Route 663 south. Re-enter the PA Turnpike at the Quakertown Interchange, Exit 44.
Exit at the Quakertown Interchange, Exit 44. Turn left onto State Route 663 north (John Fries Highway). Take State Route 663 north to State Route 309 south to US Route 202 south to State Route 63 west. Re-enter the PA Turnpike at the Lansdale Interchange, Exit 31.
Pink (southbound detour) and purple (northbound detour) detour signs will also be posted along the detour route for motorists to follow.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories
- Waze Smartphone App: real-time alerts from other drivers
- Digital Message Signs: more than 100 boards along the Turnpike
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: live, interactive map
- 511: dial from any PA roadway for local travel information
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Customer Assistance Center: 1-800-331-3414, Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (Outside U.S., please call 717-831-7601)