|February 26, 2019|
PA Turnpike Advises Motorists of Possible Delays Between Pittsburgh and Irwin Exits
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that single-lane restrictions will be in effect between the Pittsburgh, (Exit #57) and Irwin, (Exit #67) interchanges starting Feb. 27 through March 2.
The single-lane restrictions will take place (weather permitting):
Feb. 27, from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. eastbound
Feb. 28, from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. westbound
March 1 from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. eastbound
March 2 from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. both eastbound and westbound
The lane restrictions will allow crews to safely demolish bridge abutments from the former Trafford/Murrysville Road bridge located at milepost 59.6. The work needs to be completed during the day due to the excessive noise created from the removal process.
This early-action work and bridge replacement is a part of the future Total Reconstruction and Widening of the Turnpike between mileposts 57 and 67 scheduled to start in 2023. For more information on this project visit https://www.patpconstruction.com/mp57to67/ .
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
· Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com
|CONTACT:||Renee Vid Colborn