Weekend closure overnight between Butler Valley and Cranberry Interchanges
Four-hour westbound closure needed to remove disabled box truck.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises I-76 motorists traveling between the Butler Valley Interchange, Exit 39, and the Cranberry Interchange, Exit 28, of a westbound closure slated for 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 27.
This four-hour westbound closure is needed to allow authorized service crews to safely remove a disabled box truck from the shoulder berm area at Milepost 29 in the construction zone between Mileposts 28 to 31.
During that time drivers should use the following recommended detour when exiting westbound at Butler Valley Interchange, Exit 39:
Follow State Route 8 north (6.6 miles)
State Route 228 west (8.7 miles)
I-79 South to Exit 77 (0.8 miles)
Re-enter the Turnpike at the Cranberry Interchange, Exit 28.
Follow signs to Ohio and West.
During the closure, expect higher traffic volumes on detour roads. Message boards will be in place to inform customers of the closure.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories
- Waze Smartphone App: real-time alerts from other drivers
- Digital Message Signs: more than 100 boards along the Turnpike
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: live, interactive map
- 511: dial from any PA roadway for local travel information
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Customer Assistance Center: 1-800-331-3414, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Outside U.S., please call 717-831-7601)