Traffic restrictions in effect eastbound near Pittsburgh Interchange
Eastbound single-lane pattern this weekend needed for bridge deck repair.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission is advising motorists traveling eastbound between Allegheny Valley Interchange (Exit #48) and Pittsburgh Interchange (Exit #57) that a single-lane pattern will be in effect Saturday, Oct. 2 at 7 p.m. through 7 a.m., Monday, Oct. 4, for bridge deck repairs.
The left lane will be closed eastbound, between mileposts 56 and 57, while construction crews work on the bridge deck at milepost 56.16. Motorists should be prepared for slow-moving traffic and delays in this area. Motorists should also anticipate eastbound backlogs on Sunday afternoon and plan accordingly.
Westbound traffic will not be impacted during this work.
For the most up-to-the minute information on this work, please check out the Turnpike’s Twitter feed @PATurnpikeAlert.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories
- Digital Message Signs: more than 100 boards along the Turnpike
ON THE WEB
- 511/511pa.com: live, interactive map
- Twitter: @PATurnpikeAlert
- 511: dial from any PA roadway for local travel information
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Customer Assistance Center: 1-877-736-6727, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.