Northbound Express E-ZPass Closure Scheduled Sept. 21 at Mid-County Interchange
Closure needed for planned tolling equipment maintenance.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists traveling northbound on Interstate 476 to be prepared for slow-moving or stopped traffic approaching the Mid-County Interchange, Exit 20, in Montgomery County on Tuesday, Sept. 21 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Work is being performed on the overhead electronic tolling equipment, closing the northbound Express E-ZPass lanes.
On Tuesday, Sept. 21, crews will close the northbound Express E-ZPass lanes, however customers will still be able to use the conventional tolling lanes through the toll plaza on the right side. Motorists should be aware that the conventional tolling lanes have a posted speed limit of 15 mph.
Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories
- Waze Smartphone App: real-time alerts from other drivers
- Digital Message Signs: more than 100 boards along the Turnpike
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: live, interactive map
- 511: dial from any PA roadway for local travel information
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Customer Assistance Center: 1-800-331-3414, Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (Outside U.S., please call 717-831-7601)