Entry Ramp Closure Scheduled for Sept. 10-11 at Virginia Drive Interchange
Westbound entry ramp closure needed for planned construction work.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists traveling westbound on I-276 in Montgomery County that the Virginia Drive westbound entry ramp will be closed from 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 10 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 11 for planned construction work. The westbound entry ramp closure is necessary for crews to safely perform full-depth concrete pavement repairs.
During the entry ramp closure, motorists will not be able enter the PA Turnpike in the westbound direction at the Virginia Drive Interchange. Motorists wanting to enter I-276 westbound at Virginia Drive Interchange should follow the posted detour routes to enter the PA Turnpike at the Fort Washington Interchange, Exit 339.
The I-276 westbound exit ramp at Virginia Drive Interchange will remain open and motorists will be able to exit the PA Turnpike at Virginia Drive during this time.
Changeable message signs and posted detour signs will also provide information on this closure and its detour. Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories
- Digital Message Signs: more than 100 boards along the Turnpike
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: live, interactive map
- 511: dial from any PA roadway for local travel information
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Customer Assistance Center: 1-800-331-3414, Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (Outside U.S., please call 717-831-7601)