Ramp and lane restrictions needed at PA Turnpike 43 and I-70 in Washington County
Ramp and roadway repairs needed in Fallowfield Township.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission is advising motorists of a ramp connecting the Mon/Fayette Expressway (PA Turnpike 43) and I-70 in Fallowfield Township, Washington County that will be closed from midnight on May 17 until 3 p.m. on May 27.
Motorists traveling westbound on I-70 wanting to enter PA Turnpike 43 heading south will be detoured two miles further west on I-70 to Exit 35-Centerville/Monongahela Exit where they can reenter I-70 and head east to access PA Turnpike 43 south at Exit 37A-California. Posted detour signs will be in place.
To get ready for this ramp work, one lane on I-70 westbound will be closed starting at 8 p.m. on May 16 to allow crews to safely work on overhead signs in the area. This lane restriction will be lifted by midnight.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: Real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories.
- Waze Smartphone App: Real-time alerts from other drivers.
- Digital Message Signs: More than 100 boards along the Turnpike.
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: Live, interactive map.
- 511: Dial from any PA roadway for local travel information.
- 800-331-3414: PA Turnpike Customer Assistance (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
Renee Vid Colborn