Traffic Restrictions for PA Turnpike’s Kittatinny/Blue Mountain Tunnels in Franklin County
Traffic shift needed for maintenance in the tunnel.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike alerts motorists approaching the Kittatinny and Blue Mountain tunnels of traffic shifts slated to begin at 7:45 a.m. on May 4 until 4:30 p.m. The tunnels are located in Franklin County between the Willow Hill Exit #189 and Blue Mountain Exit #201.
The westbound tunnels will be closed at 7:45 a.m. on May 4 until 4:30 p.m. Traffic will crossover to the eastbound tunnels which will be bi-directional. This work will be performed as weather permits. May 5, at the same times, will be utilized if work needs to be canceled due to weather.
Motorists should slow down to posted speed limits when entering the traffic shifts into the tunnels.
The closure is needed for drain repair in the westbound tunnels.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: Real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories and detour routes.
- Waze Smartphone App: Real-time alerts from other drivers.
- Digital Message Signs: More than 100 boards along the Turnpike.
- 511: Dial from any PA roadway for local travel information.
- 1-877-736-6727 for Customer Service.
Rosanne Placey, 717-675-4362