PA Turnpike to Close Overnight May 2 at Mid-County Interchange
Five-hour, southbound closure needed for planned roadway work.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that the Northeastern Extension (I-476) will be closed southbound on Sunday, May 2 from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m. as they approach the Mid-County Interchange, Exit 20 in Montgomery County.
Motorists traveling southbound on I-476 approaching the Mid-County Interchange will be directed off the PA Turnpike at I-276 westbound and guided towards the Norristown Interchange, Exit 333. Here, motorists can continue to I-476 southbound or take the exit to Plymouth Road and re-enter the PA Turnpike to continue traveling eastbound on I-276.
For westbound motorists traveling I-276, the Exit 20 westbound ramp to I-476 south will also be closed. Motorists traveling to I-476 south will be directed to the Norristown Interchange, Exit 333, to continue to I-476 southbound.
The closure is necessary for the protection of motorists and workers so crews can safely apply pavement markings for travel lane reconfigurations needed for All-Electronic Tolling in the southbound travel lanes at the Mid-County Interchange.
Motorists traveling northbound on I-476 will not be impacted during this closure.
Pennsylvania State Police and Turnpike personnel will be positioned at the impacted areas to assist drivers. Changeable message signs will also provide information on closures and detours. Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories
- Waze Smartphone App: real-time alerts from other drivers
- Digital Message Signs: more than 100 boards along the Turnpike
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: live, interactive map
- 511: dial from any PA roadway for local travel information
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Customer Assistance Center: 1-800-331-3414, Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (Outside U.S., please call 717-831-7601)
Kathleen Walter, 267-326-3856