Traffic restrictions in effect westbound near Pittsburgh Interchange
Single-lane pattern needed for bridge deck repair.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission is advising motorists traveling westbound near Pittsburgh Interchange (Exit #57) that a single-lane pattern will be effect throughout most of the day for bridge deck repairs.
The left lane will be closed westbound only between mileposts 57 and 56 while crews work on the bridge deck at milepost 56.16. Motorists should be prepared for slow-moving traffic and delays in this area.
For the most up-to-the minute information on this work, please check out the Turnpike’s Twitter feed @PATurnpikeAlert.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories
- Digital Message Signs: more than 100 boards along the Turnpike
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: live, interactive map
- 511: dial from any PA roadway for local travel information
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Customer Assistance Center: 1-800-331-3414, Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (Outside U.S., please call 717-831-7601)
Renee Vid Colborn