PA Turnpike to Close Aug. 3 between Valley Forge and Downingtown Interchanges
One-hour, westbound closure needed for planned roadway work.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that I-76 will be closed westbound between the Valley Forge Interchange, Exit 326, and the Downingtown Interchange, Exit 312, Chester County, on Tuesday, Aug. 3 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. The approximate one-hour closure is needed for planned roadway work conducted by the Pennsylvania State Police.
The State Route 29 Interchange will also be closed during this time. Customers will not be able to enter the PA Turnpike from this interchange during the closure. Motorists should enter the PA Turnpike at either the Downingtown Interchange or the Valley Forge Interchange.
Westbound Traffic Detour
Exit at the Valley Forge Interchange, Exit 312. Take Exit 328A to U.S. Route 202 south (12 miles) to U.S. Route 30 west (2.5 miles) to State Route 100 north (5 miles). Reenter the PA Turnpike at the Downingtown Interchange, Exit 312.
Pennsylvania State Police and Turnpike personnel will be positioned at the impacted areas to assist drivers. Changeable message signs will also provide information on closures and detours. Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories
- Digital Message Signs: more than 100 boards along the Turnpike
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: live, interactive map
- 511: dial from any PA roadway for local travel information
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Customer Assistance Center: 1-800-331-3414, Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. (Outside U.S., please call 717-831-7601)