Ramp closures planned throughout May at PA Turnpike 43 and I-70 in Washington County
Ramp and roadway repairs needed in Fallowfield Township.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission is advising motorists that two ramps connecting the Mon/Fayette Expressway (PA Turnpike 43) and I-70 in Fallowfield Township, Washington County will be closed weekdays from May 3 to May 27.
Motorists traveling westbound on I-70 wanting to enter PA Turnpike 43 heading north will be detoured using the other cloverleaf ramps to PA Turnpike 43. Drivers should follow the posted detour signs.
Motorists traveling northbound on PA Turnpike 43 wanting to enter I-70 heading west will be detoured four miles eastbound on I-70 to the Charleroi Exit where they can reenter I-70 and head west. Posted detour signs will be in place.
The work will take place Monday through Friday while crews repair the ramps and roadway. The ramps will be reopened Friday afternoons and remain open throughout the weekends.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions, use one of these resources:
ON THE TURNPIKE
- 511PA Smartphone App: Real-time, hands-free PA traffic advisories.
- Waze Smartphone App: Real-time alerts from other drivers.
- Digital Message Signs: More than 100 boards along the Turnpike.
ON THE WEB
- Turnpike Travel Conditions Map: Live, interactive map.
- 511: Dial from any PA roadway for local travel information.
- 800-331-3414: PA Turnpike Customer Assistance (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
Renee Vid Colborn