On Our Roadway
- Milepost markers, also just known as mileposts, can be a very useful tool for motorists. Located every 10th of a mile, a milepost indicates your exact location. At the beginning of a mile, a milepost will also include the direction and interstate number that you are traveling on.
- If you need assistance, be aware of the milepost marker nearest to you to let responders know of your location.
Maps and References
- There are lots of helpful maps and references to assist you with your next trip on the PA Turnpike:
Pennsylvania's Automated Work Zone Speed Enforcement
- When traveling through a work zone on a PA highway you may encounter a sign that states that your speed limit is enforced by camera. This is part of the statewide Automated Work Zone Speed Enforcement (AWZSE) program.
- When passing a work zone with a speed enforcer electronic speed timing devices are detecting and recording vehicles exceeding work zone posted speed limits by 11 miles per hour (mph) or more. Violators receive a warning on a first offense and fines for any follow offenses.
- Learn more about the program at www.workzonecameras.penndot.gov