PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE. BY ACCESSING, BROWSING AND/OR USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
Restrictions on Use
This site is owned and operated by the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission. The Turnpike Commission provides this site as a public service and to provide information about the Pennsylvania Turnpike, the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission and the services it offers, and it is for those purposes only that the site may be used. The data associated with this web site and related maps, graphics, calculations and information are not legal documents and are not intended to be used as such.
While we encourage you to print information that will help you use our services, no photographs, images or other materials on this site may be copied, downloaded, transmitted, distributed or used in any other way including for any commercial use. Permission is granted to display, copy, distribute and download the materials on this site for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not modify the materials and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials.
Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this system, to defeat or circumvent security features, or to utilize this system for other than its intended purposes are prohibited by law and may result in civil and/or criminal prosecution. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, pornographic, or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law. The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission does not assume any liability for the improper or incorrect use of the data described and/or contained within this web site.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission makes no claims, promises or guarantees, either expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability, timeliness, or completeness of the information provided via this web site. The Turnpike Commission expressly disclaims any and all liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this web site. The Pennsylvania Turnpike does not warrant that this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. No warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, is given with respect to the contents of this web site or its links to other Internet resources. Although the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission's web site includes links providing direct access to other Internet resources, the Turnpike Commission has not participated in the development of those other sites and does not exert any editorial or other control over those sites. The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission is not responsible for the accuracy and content of information contained in those sites.
References herein to any specific organization, commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, is for the information and convenience of the public and does not necessarily constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission.
Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION THE PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE COMMISSION WEBSITE GATHERS AND TRACKS
The PTC Website gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. This kind of information comes from voluntary submissions such as, to join as a Preferred Traveler, apply for Over-dimensional Permits, submit an online bidder’s mailing list application, email communications or other electronic communications to the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, submission of online forms, making payments, requests for traffic reports, submitting employment applications, and from participation in polls and surveys. This information may contain Personally Identifiable Information, and the PTC’s use of such information is described below.
- Information the PTC Website gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to users' needs. This information is generally not associated with individual users, and will therefore not usually contain Personally Identifiable Information. The PTC's use of such information is described below.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
- Optional Voluntary Information. Optional voluntary information may include Personally Identifiable Information, which means information that identifies a specific individual including but not limited to an individual's name, street address, email address or phone number. The PTC will protect the personal information submitted through its website to the greatest extent allowed by applicable law. Under no circumstances shall the PTC sell any information gathered through its website for marketing purposes or other purposes. This information may be used by the PTC and its consultants for public outreach and informational purposes, unless an individual specifically requests that we do not.
The PTC offers the following services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Preferred Traveler. The Pennsylvania Turnpike offers a free traveler-notification program to any interested traveler. The PTC gathers the names and email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Subscribers may optionally provide mailing addresses and/or telephone numbers. Users may remove themselves from this program by following the instructions on the Preferred Traveler account management page.
- Email and Online Forms. Users may email, or submit online request forms to the PTC through our website with questions about their E-ZPass accounts, construction activity, and any other questions they may have about the PTC’s operations. Email and form requests may be shared with appropriate personnel within the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission and other entities in order to respond to the request and may be maintained in order to keep track of user feedback. Form data may be stored to provide on-going service to the user.
- Over-Dimensional Permits. Due to safety considerations, the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission requires special permits for over dimensional vehicles. There are also restrictions as to the time of day the vehicles may travel as well as holiday restrictions. The issuance of Over-Dimensional permits is automated through the PA Turnpike’s website, and requires the input of the organization’s contact information, as well as the load specifications.
In accordance with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
- Aggregated Usage Information. The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. Reports based on this information are for internal use only. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public. We may collect some or all of the information listed below about users who view or download information from our website:
- Date, time, and duration of visit
- Referring page
- Search phrase used on search engine
- Page(s) visited
- Operating System
- Browser type
- Client IP Address
- HTTP Status
- Bytes sent and received
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our users.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission gives users options to remove themselves wherever necessary and practical. Opting out of participation in certain interactive areas completely alleviate the need to gather any Personally Identifiable Information from our users.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission makes every effort to ensure that published information is accurate and current. However, neither the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission nor any of its officers or employees warrant the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information published on its website, and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Portions of the information on this website may be incorrect or no longer current. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this system does so at their own risk.