Click on the topics below for information on Over Dimensional Rules:



How do I obtain bid documents?

Bid proposal Forms and Conditions may be obtained, free of charge, by calling the Bid Clerk, Purchasing Dept., 717-831-7283 or e-mail request (with complete company name and mailing address) to

Please note: Bid proposal Forms and Conditions are not available for download or via email and will only be sent out through the mail. Please include company name and address in any communication or request.

Why don’t I receive bids? I’m on your mailing list.

Our vendor mailing list consists of approximately 6,000 capable vendors. Obviously every vendor registered cannot be solicited each time; therefore, we choose vendors that have supplied us satisfactorily in the past in addition to others randomly selected. Contacting the PTC buyer listed for your particular commodity and promoting your company’s products and services will enhance your opportunities to participate.

I heard that a certain item was out for bid, but I don’t see the bid listed on your website?

The only bid notifications posted on the PTC website are those we call Advertised Sealed Bids, which are estimated to be in excess of $50,000. If you are interested in receiving documents for any PA Turnpike Commission bid, please contact the Purchasing Department at 717-831-7283.

Can I use the internet to bid?

The PA Turnpike Commission does not currently support on-line bidding. While this feature may be added at a later date, all bidders are asked to request and submit paper bids.


How can I submit my bid?

All bid quotations must be returned in a sealed envelope addressed exactly as shown below. Failure to address envelope properly and include bid number and due date on face of envelope will be deemed sufficient reason for rejection of quotation.

For Overnight or Express Delivery of bid documents, quotation must be sealed in a separate envelope addressed exactly as shown above. The sealed quotation may then be sent to:

Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission
700 South Eisenhower Boulevard
Middletown, PA 17057

Can we hand deliver bid response?

Hand delivered bid responses will be accepted during normal business hours in the Purchasing Department at the PA Turnpike Central Administration Building, 700 S. Eisenhower Blvd, Middletown, PA 17057. All bids must be received and time-stamped in the Purchasing Department prior to the bid opening time to be accepted.

Can you extend the bid opening time for me?

The bid opening date and time may only be changed with sufficient cause as determined by the Buyer. If the Buyer wishes to extend a bid opening date or time, an addendum will be issued to all potential bidders. Exceptions cannot be made for individual bidders.

Can I respond by fax to a sealed bid?

The Pennsylvania Turnpike does not accept faxed bids. The Procurement Code mandates that all bids be sealed from view prior to the bid opening date and time. Failure to submit a bid in a sealed, properly marked envelope shall be considered sufficient reason for rejection of proposal.


Can I call you for the results of the bid?

The PTC Purchasing Department does not have sufficient staff to process telephone requests for bid results. All requests for information must be made on-line or via mail as described below.

How can I find out if a bid has been awarded?

Award information will be made available ONLY after evaluation and official award has been made. Once a bid has been officially awarded by the Commission or the Contract Officer, Bid Tabulations will be made available through the mail. For a hard copy of a Bid Tabulation, submit Bid Number and Due Date along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:

PA Turnpike Commission
Purchasing Department
P.O. Box 67676
Harrisburg, PA 17106

Are bid results listed on your website?

Bid tabulations for our larger Advertised Sealed Bids are posted on the web site ONLY after official award has been made.

Vendor Registration

How do I get on the Turnpike bidder's list?

The preferred method of application is via our Vendor Registration. Please take the time to read the Vendor's Guide. Complete the application form and click submit. Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified after you have been added to our Vendor File and appropriate Bidders Lists. You may also contact the corresponding buyer with specific questions that you may have about the commodity or service that you wish to furnish.

Where do I submit my completed W-9 form?

The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission
Accounting Department
P.O. Box 67676
Harrisburg, Pa. 17106

Or Fax the W9 form to: (717) 986-8749

Do I have to have a federal and state ID tax or can I use my social security number?

A Federal Tax ID number is required to do business with The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission.

If your company is owned by a sole proprietor or is a partnership, your federal tax ID may be the same as your Social Security Number. On the bidder’s application, check the box next to SSN, and fill your Social Security Number in the blank immediately following. If your company is a corporation, you must provide your Employer Identification Number (EIN).

The PA State Tax License number only applies to companies located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

My organization previously registered to be a business partner with PennDOT. Am I required to register separately with Turnpike Commission?

Yes. The Commission maintains an independent Bidder’s List, and a separate application must be submitted.

How can I become a certified DBE-WBE-MBE Vendor with the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission?

In order to be recognized by the PTC as a DBE, WBE or MBE, a Vendor must first be certified by the PA Unified Certification Program ( Once your company has completed the certification process through PA UCP, you should fill out the PA Turnpike Commission Vendor Registration and choose the appropriate designation under Minority Indicator.

Please forward evidence attesting to certification to:
Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission
Contracts Administration Department
P O Box 67676
Harrisburg PA 17106


DEFINITION: Women/Minority/Disadvantaged Business Enterprise is a small business concern: is at least 51% owned by one or more socially and economically disadvantaged individuals, or, in the case of any corporation at least 51% of the stock of which is owned by one or more socially and economically disadvantaged individuals; AND whose management and daily business operations are controlled by one or more of the socially and economically disadvantaged individuals who own it.

Socially and Economically Disadvantaged Individuals are citizens of the United States (or lawfully permanent residents) who are Black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Asian-Pacific Americans, Asian-Indian Americans, or women or other individuals found to be disadvantaged by the Small Business Administration pursuant to Section 8 (a) of the Small Business Act, as amended, or other public body.


How do I contact the Purchasing Department?

For questions about specific bids, purchase orders or categories, please see our Buyer listing. Please contact the buyer for your category, bid or purchase order.

Purchasing Department FAX number: 717-986-9678

General questions – 717-831-7125

Who makes the decisions as to what brand of product the turnpike will use?

Some items require compatibility with current inventory or installations. Under these circumstances, we normally include the phrase “NO SUBSTITUTE”. All other instances, the brand is used as a guideline for evaluation purposes and “or equal” products are considered.