|August 2, 2019|
Pennsylvania Turnpike Closing Overnight Between Allegheny Valley and Butler Valley Exits
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC) alerts motorists traveling westbound between the Allegheny Valley Interchange, Exit #48, and the Butler Valley Interchange, Exit #39, that the roadway will be closed Aug. 4, between midnight and 5 a.m., weather permitting.
The westbound closure is needed for installation of a new digital message system (DMS) sign at milepost 42.76.
Drivers should use the following suggested detour:
WESTBOUND TRAFFIC Exiting at Allegheny Valley Interchange
Follow Freeport Road south (0.7 miles)
Alternate-route cards will be available to travelers exiting the Turnpike at the Allegheny Valley Interchange during the closure. Expect higher traffic volumes on detour roads during this time.
This road work will occur in an active construction zone between mileposts 44 and 40. For more information on the project please visit http://www.mp40-48construction.com.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via a mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
· Customer Assistance Center (toll-free) — 800-331-3414 (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
· Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com.