|April 25, 2019|
Back-to-Back Weekend Detours Planned for Dauphin and Lebanon Counties
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) alert motorists traveling the PA Turnpike (I-76) this weekend, both eastbound and westbound in Dauphin and Lebanon counties, that detours will be in effect between Exit 247 (Harrisburg East) and Exit 266 (Lebanon-Lancaster). The closures will occur from 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 27 to 3 a.m. on Sunday, April 28.
The closures will happen again the next weekend from 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 4 to 4 a.m. on Sunday, May 5.
This work is being done as part of PennDOT’s SR 283 project. The weekend detours are needed to safely demolish the existing bridge beams (this weekend) and then to erect new bridge beams at milepost 251 (next weekend).
Detours are as follows:
Message boards will be activated to alert motorists of any delays. Motorists are advised to check one of these resources to learn about PA Turnpike road conditions and traffic alerts:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
|CONTACT:||Rosanne Placey (PTC), 717-831-7507
Mike Crochunis (PennDOT), 717-418-5017 :