|April 22, 2019|
Lehigh Tunnel Closures Scheduled April 23 - 26
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists traveling on the Northeastern Extension (I-476) to be prepared for day-time single-lane patterns and two-way traffic in the northbound Lehigh Tunnel April 23 through 26 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day
By 8 a.m. each day, the southbound tunnel will be closed and all traffic diverted into the northbound tunnel until the patterns are lifted. The restrictions are necessary to allow crews to safely perform planned maintenance inside the southbound tunnel.
The Lehigh Tunnel is located between milepost A70.2 and A71.5 between the Lehigh Valley, Exit 56, and Mahoning Valley, Exit 74, interchanges.
Message boards will be activated to update motorists of any changes to the schedule caused by inclement weather or unforeseen traffic conditions. If the work is delayed, it will take place on the next available day.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap