|March 5, 2018|
Overnight Traffic Stoppages Planned on Findlay Connector
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists traveling on the Findlay Connector (Toll 576) in Allegheny County between Exit 2 (U.S. Route 30) and Exit 4 (Westport Road) to be prepared for 30-minute traffic stoppages to occur overnight on March 8/9 and March 15/16 while crews install electronic tolling equipment over the roadway.
The PA State Police will be conducting the 30-minute stoppages as follows:
10 p.m., March 8 for both westbound lanes of traffic
12:30 a.m., March 9 for both westbound lanes of traffic
10 p.m., March 15 for both eastbound lanes of traffic
12:30 a.m., March 16 for both eastbound lanes of traffic
Message boards will be activated to alert motorists of the stoppages and give them the option of exiting the toll road prior to the work zone. To avoid delays motorists are advised to seek an alternate route.
Later this spring the PA Turnpike Commission is slated to convert the Findlay Connecter to Cashless Tolling. During the stoppages, crews will be installing all-electronic tolling equipment on gantries built over the roadway. The temporary stoppages are necessary for the protection of motorists and workers. For more information about Cashless Tolling, visit www.nocashzone.com.
Motorists are advised to check one of these resources to learn about PA Turnpike road conditions and traffic alerts:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
|CONTACT:||Renee Vid Colborn