|December 5, 2017|
Crash Closes PA Turnpike Near Bensalem Interchange
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that I-276 is closed westbound due to a multi-vehicle crash at mile post 351.3 near the Bensalem Interchange, Exit 351, Bucks County. Westbound motorists are being diverted off at the Bensalem Interchange.
The accident, which occurred at approximately 12:30 p.m. today, involved an overturned commercial tractor trailer and other vehicles. Maintenance and emergency crews are on the scene. All PA Turnpike motorists in this area should stay alert for congestion with slow-moving or stopped traffic, obey posted speed limits and use extra caution.
Take U.S. Route 1 south to State Route 132 west to State Route 611 south. Reenter the PA Turnpike at the Willow Grove Interchange, Exit 343.
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 on your mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap