|October 23, 2017|
Express E-ZPass Lane Closure Planned at Warrendale Toll Plaza Oct. 24
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that both eastbound and westbound Express E-ZPass lanes at the Warrendale Mainline Toll Plaza located at milepost #30 in Allegheny County will be closed Oct. 24 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Only E-ZPass customers use these lanes, which allow travel at highway speeds.
E-ZPass customers can still pay electronically using the conventional E-ZPass lanes on the right side of the toll plaza. Conventional lanes are designated as E-ZPass Only or Cash Only. Motorists should be aware that the conventional E-ZPass lanes have a speed limit of 5 mph.
The six-hour closure is needed for crews to safely recalibrate the equipment and check the pressure as well as all the power supplies. Additional maintenance work will also be performed as weather permits. Message boards will be in place to alert motorists of the closure.
The PA Turnpike is in the process of decommissioning and removing all call boxes from the roadway due to a significant decline in use over recent years. Modern means like smart phones, make it safer for our motorists to communicate incidents safely from inside their vehicle. To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, stay in your car and dial *11 on your mobile phone.
To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
|CONTACT:||Renee Vid Colborn