|October 16, 2017|
Single Lane Closures Scheduled October 17 and 18 at Route 903 ‘E-ZPass-Only’ Interchange
The Pennsylvania Turnpike advises Northeastern Extension motorists using the Route 903 E-ZPass Only Interchange, Exit 87, in Carbon County, to be prepared for single lane closures October 17 and 18 so technicians can safely service overhead scanners and underground tolling equipment.
From 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Oct. 17, technicians will service the tolling equipment in the northbound exit lanes 7 and 8. During each single lane closure, northbound motorists can use the adjacent lane to exit the Turnpike.
From 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Oct. 18, technicians will service the tolling equipment in the northbound entry lanes 1 and 2. During each single lane closure, northbound motorists can use the adjacent lane to enter the Turnpike.
Motorists should use caution when approaching this area, and be alert for slow-moving or possible stopped traffic.
Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
The PA Turnpike is in the process of decommissioning and removing all call boxes from the roadway due to a significant decline in use over recent years. Modern means like smart phones, make it safer for our motorists to communicate incidents safely from inside their vehicle. To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, stay in your car and dial *11 on your mobile phone.
To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap