|September 22, 2017|
The closure is necessary for the protection of motorists and workers so crews can erect sign structures at milepost 357.5. Some single lane closures and traffic stoppages may occur Sept. 23 during the night-time hours to prepare for the closure.
Pennsylvania State Police and Turnpike personnel will be positioned at the impacted interchanges to assist drivers. Changeable message signs will also provide information on closures and detours. Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
Take U.S. Route 1 south to State Route 132 east, to U.S. Route 13 north. Reenter the Turnpike at the Delaware Valley Interchange, Exit 358.
Take U.S. Route 13 south to State Route 132 west to U.S. Route 1 north. Reenter the Turnpike at the Bensalem Interchange, Exit 351.
The PA Turnpike is in the process of decommissioning and removing all call boxes from the roadway due to a significant decline in use over recent years. Modern means like smart phones, make it safer for our motorists to communicate incidents safely from inside their vehicle. To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, stay in your car and dial *11 on your mobile phone.
To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
Kathleen Walter, 610.313.6383/267.326.3856