|September 11, 2017|
Ramp Closures Scheduled for Sept. 12 at Route 29 ‘E-ZPass Only’ Interchange
The Pennsylvania Turnpike advises motorists that the entry ramps at the State Route 29 E-ZPass Only Interchange, Exit 320, in Chester County will be closed from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Sept. 12 for routine maintenance to the overhead scanners and the underground tolling equipment.
From 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. motorists will not be able to use entry lane one. Motorists will be directed to use entry lane two.
From 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. motorists will not be able to use entry lane two. Motorists will be directed to use entry lane one.
Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
The PA Turnpike is in the process of decommissioning and removing all call boxes from the roadway due to a significant decline in use over recent years. Modern means like smart phones, make it safer for our motorists to communicate incidents safely from inside their vehicle. To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, stay in your car and dial *11 on your mobile phone.
To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap