|August 18, 2017|
Pennsylvania Turnpike to Close Overnight Aug. 20 between Lansdale and Quakertown
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that the Northeastern Extension (I-476) will be closed in both directions on Aug. 20 from 12:01 to 6 a.m. between the Lansdale Interchange, Exit 31, Montgomery County, and the Quakertown Interchange, Exit 44, Bucks County.
The closure is necessary for the protection of motorists and workers so crews can safely erect bridge beams. The bridge, which carries Trumbauersville Road over the Turnpike, crosses I-476 at milepost A40.88 in Bucks County.
Some single lane closures and traffic stoppages may occur Aug. 19 during the night-time hours to prepare for the closure.
Pennsylvania State Police and Turnpike personnel will be positioned at the impacted interchanges to assist drivers. Changeable message signs will also provide information on closures and detours.
Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 on your mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap