|June 13, 2017|
PA Turnpike Closed Between Butler Valley Interchange and Cranberry
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that the Turnpike is closed in both directions between Butler Valley Interchange, Exit #39, and the Cranberry Exit, milepost 28, until further notice due to a tractor trailer accident on U.S. Route 19 near Wexford.
The tractor trailer, carrying an oversized load, hit a bridge carrying the Turnpike over U.S. Route 19 near Wexford forcing the closure until Turnpike inspectors can determine if the bridge is safe for travel.
The recommended detour for eastbound motorists is; exit at Cranberry Toll Plaza (milepost 28), take I-79 north to State Route 228 east (8.6 miles) to State Route 8 south (6.1 miles) to reenter at Butler Valley Interchange (Exit #39).
The recommended detour for westbound motorists is; exit at Butler Valley Interchange (Exit #39), take State Route 8 north (7 miles) to State Route 228 west (7 miles) to I-79 south to reenter at Cranberry Toll Plaza (milepost 28).
Alternate-route cards will be available to exiting motorists at the Cranberry and the Butler Valley interchanges during the closure. Expect higher traffic volumes on detour roads during the closure.
Message boards will be placed to inform motorists of the closure, and Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) broadcasts at station 1640 AM also are being used.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
· Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com
|CONTACT:||Renee Vid Colborn