|May 19, 2017|
PA Turnpike Advises Motorists of Possible Delays Between Butler Valley and Allegheny Valley
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists traveling eastbound between Butler Valley, Exit #39, and Allegheny Valley, Exit #48, interchanges that they may experience delays due to a 20-minute traffic pace scheduled at 9:30 p.m. on May 20.
During the pace, Turnpike maintenance and state police vehicles will restrict Turnpike traffic to a speed of 20-25 miles an hour, which will allow crews to safely put a new traffic pattern in place between mileposts 40 and 44. The pace will allow this work to be completed without jeopardizing motorist or worker safety.
Motorists traveling eastbound in this area should be prepared for slow-moving traffic and possible stoppages. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
The new traffic pattern will allow work to begin on the second phase of the total reconstruction project between mileposts 40 and 48. The first phase included the replacement of six overhead bridges between mileposts 44 and 48 and the newly, reconstructed three-lane roadway which opened to traffic in the fall of 2016. This second phase between mileposts 40 and 44 is scheduled for completion in fall of 2019. For more information on this project please visit http://www.mp40-48construction.com.
As always, motorists are urged to stay alert in work zones, obey posted speed limits and never text while driving. Work zone safety is a priority for maintenance and construction workers as well as drivers.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
· Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com
|CONTACT:||Renee Vid Colborn