|March 24, 2017|
Pennsylvania Turnpike to Close Overnight March 26 between Quakertown and Lehigh Valley
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that the Northeastern Extension (I-476) will be closed in both directions on March 26 from 12:01 to 6 a.m. between the Quakertown Interchange, Exit 44, Bucks County, and the Lehigh Valley Interchange, Exit 56, Lehigh County.
The closure is necessary for the protection of motorists and workers so crews can safely remove beams from the bridge that carries Steinsburg Road over the Turnpike, which crosses I-476 at milepost A44.40 in Bucks County.
Some single lane closures and traffic stoppages may occur March 25 during the night-time hours to prepare for the closure.
Pennsylvania State Police and Turnpike personnel will be positioned at the impacted interchanges to assist drivers. Changeable message signs will also provide information on closures and detours.
Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 on your mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
· Customer Assistance Center (toll-free) — 800-331-3414 (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap