Pennsylvania Turnpike to Close Overnight March 26 between Wyoming Valley and Clarks Summit
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission advises motorists that the Northeastern Extension (I-476) will be closed in both directions on March 26 from 12:01 to 6 a.m. between the Wyoming Valley Interchange, Exit 115, and the Clarks Summit Interchange, Exit 131, Lackawanna County. The closure is required to protect travelers and workers while six beams are removed from the bridge carrying Main Street over the Turnpike at milepost A120.68 in Lackawanna County.
Single-lane closures and traffic stoppages may occur March 25 during the nighttime hours to prepare for the Sunday closure.
Pennsylvania State Police and Turnpike personnel will be positioned at the impacted interchanges to assist drivers. Changeable message signs will also provide information on closures and detours.
Motorists are encouraged to plan travel accordingly. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 on your mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
· Customer Assistance Center (toll-free) — 800-331-3414 (weekdays, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap