|March 10, 2017|
PA Turnpike to Close Overnight Between Beaver Valley and New Castle Interchanges
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC) advises motorists that on March 12 the Turnpike will be closed for approximately five hours in both directions between the Beaver Valley Interchange, Exit #13, and the New Castle Interchange, Exit #10, to conduct bridge work.
Beginning at midnight, traffic will be diverted off the Turnpike at both interchanges with the following detours in effect:
Detour for westbound traffic exiting at Beaver Valley Interchange: State Route 18 north (.3 miles) to State Route 351 west (3.3 miles) to Toll 376 east to re-enter the mainline Turnpike at New Castle Interchange.
Detour for eastbound traffic exiting at New Castle Interchange: Go straight onto State Route 351 (1 mile) and take State Route 351 east (2 miles) to State Route 18 south (1.5 miles) to re-enter the mainline Turnpike at the Beaver Valley Interchange.
Turnpike maintenance personnel will have alternate-route cards available to travelers exiting each interchange during the closure. Expect higher traffic volumes on the detour roads at this time. Message boards will be in place to inform customers of the closure.
The Turnpike will reopen at 6 a.m. to traffic in both directions. REMINDER: at 2 a.m. on March 12 the clocks will be turned ahead one hour for daylight savings time.
This closure is necessary to allow crews to safely remove overhead bridge beams from what is known as the Homewood Viaduct Bridge at milepost 12.6. This early-action bridge work is part of the future widening and reconstruction of the Beaver River Bridge between mileposts 12 and 14. For more information about this construction project visit the Turnpike website at http://www.paturnpike.com/constructionprojects/mp12to14.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
· Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com
|CONTACT:||Renee Vid Colborn