|December 12, 2016|
Three-Vehicle Crash Closes PA Turnpike between Breezewood and Carlisle
HARRISBURG, PA. (Dec, 12 2016) — The PA Turnpike, Interstate 76, has been closed in both directions between the Breezewood Exit (# 161) and the Carlisle Exit (# 226) due to a crash that occurred at milepost 215.3 eastbound today around 4 a.m. The incident involves two tractor trailer trucks and a minivan. One of the trucks is overturned. Four individuals have been transported by ambulance to an area hospital.
All motorists on the PA Turnpike in this area should stay alert for congestion with slow-moving or stopped traffic as they approach the Breezewood and Carlisle exits; obey posted speed limits and use extra caution.
Here are the detour routes for exiting motorists:
· Exit Breezewood, take Route 30 West (.3 miles) to Route 70 East (I-81 exit MD #26, 48 miles) to Interstate 81 North (58 miles) to Exit #52B, Middlesex, Route 11 South to the PA Turnpike Carlisle Interchange 226.
· Exit Carlisle, take Route 11 North to Interstate 81 South (58 miles) to Maryland Exit #4 to Interstate 70 West (48 miles) to Route 30 East (.3 miles) and reenter at Breezewood Interchange 161.
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 on your mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, inactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap