|October 24, 2016|
Daytime Express E-ZPass Lane Closure Scheduled for Oct. 25 on Mon Fayette Expressway
The Pennsylvania Turnpike advises motorists traveling the Mon Fayette Expressway, Turnpike 43, that the northbound and southbound Express E-ZPass lanes at the M19 Mainline Toll Plaza in Fayette County will be closed Oct. 25, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The toll plaza is located between Exit 18, Searight, and Exit 22, Redstone Way, on the Uniontown to Brownsville portion of the Mon Fayette Expressway. Only E-ZPass customers use these lanes where travel is permitted at highway speeds.
E-ZPass customers can still pay electronically via the conventional E-ZPass lanes on the right side of the plaza. Conventional lanes are designated as E-ZPass Only or E-ZPass /Cash. Motorists should be aware that the conventional E-ZPass lanes have a speed limit of 5 mph.
The closure is needed to perform maintenance work on the electronic toll equipment. This work will proceed as weather permits. Message Boards will be in place to alert motorists of the closure.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap
· Waze — a crowd-sourced navigation app that provides real-time traffic conditions with input from other drivers; download at https://www.waze.com
|CONTACT:||Renee Vid Colborn