|October 13, 2016|
Ramp Closures Scheduled for October 14-16 at Route 903 ‘E-ZPass-Only’ Interchange
The Pennsylvania Turnpike advises Northeastern Extension motorists using the Route 903 E-ZPass Only Interchange, Exit #87, in Carbon County, to be prepared for slow-moving or possible stopped traffic overnight from Oct. 14 through 16 as the entrance and exit ramps will be closed to enable technicians to safely service overhead electronic toll equipment.
From 10 p.m. on Oct. 14 until 6 a.m. on Oct. 15, the northbound entry ramp will be closed. During the ramp closure, northbound motorists will not be able to enter the Northeastern Extension at State Route 903.
From 10 p.m. on Oct. 15 until 6 a.m. on Oct. 16, the southbound exit ramp will be closed. During the ramp closure, southbound motorists will not be able to exit the Northeastern Extension at the State Route 903 Interchange.
During the closures, motorists should seek alternate routes by using the nearest available interchange on I-476 depending on your direction of travel.
Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 on your mobile phone.
To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, interactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap