|October 1, 2016|
Traffic Delays Expected Southbound on PA Turnpike I-476
The Pennsylvania Turnpike advises motorists traveling southbound on the Northeastern Extension (Interstate 476) between the Quakertown Interchange, Exit 44, Bucks County, and the Lansdale Interchange, Exit 31, Montgomery County, that they may experience delays due to intermittent, 15-minute traffic paces scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. daily from Oct. 3 through Oct. 6.
During the paces, Turnpike maintenance and state police vehicles will restrict southbound Turnpike traffic to a speed of 20-25 miles an hour. The paces are needed for workers to safely deliver bridge beams.
Motorists in the area should be prepared for slow-moving traffic and possible stoppages.
Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergencies on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 on your mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download athttps://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, inactive conditions map; view athttps://www.paturnpike.com/webmap