|September 30, 2016|
Lane Closure Scheduled for October 1 and 2 at Delaware River Bridge Cashless Tolling Point
The Pennsylvania Turnpike advises westbound motorists on I-276 using the PA Turnpike Bridge over the Delaware River in Bucks County that traffic may be heavy overnight while the right lane is closed. This is a Cashless Tolling point where drivers do not stop to pay a toll and travel at highway speeds.
Beginning at 10 p.m. on Oct. 1, the westbound right lane will be closed until 6 a.m. on Oct. 2 for planned upkeep of the overhead and underground tolling equipment. Traffic will still be able to get by in the left lanes.
During the lane closure, motorists traveling on I-276 should be prepared for slow-moving or even stopped traffic. Tolls at the PA Turnpike Bridge over the Delaware River will still be collected via E-ZPass or Toll-By-Plate.
Motorists should be aware that the conventional E-ZPass lanes have a speed limit of 5 mph. Work schedules are subject to change based on weather conditions.
To report an accident or other emergency on the PA Turnpike, dial *11 via mobile phone. To learn more about PA Turnpike conditions or to contact us, use one of these resources:
ON THE PA TURNPIKE
· Variable & Digital Message Signs — nearly 100 signs along the Turnpike
· Highway Advisory Radio — 1640 AM (tune-in near interchanges)
· Turnpike Roadway Information Program (toll-free) — 866-976-TRIP (8747)
ON THE WEB
· TRIPTalk — free, travel-alert smartphone app; download at https://www.paturnpike.com/travel/trip_talk.aspx
· Travel Conditions Map — live, inactive conditions map; view at https://www.paturnpike.com/webmap